Sunday, March 7, 2010

Training Partner for 9 days :)















After leaving Flagstaff, AZ we made our way to Albuquerque, NM where my husband Tim competed at the USATF Indoor T&F Championships where he won his 12th indoor title and his 43rd national title. It was a great weekend for our TEAM also as Tyler placed 4th in the mens race, Maria won the womens race and Lauren finished 4th. They all raced really strong. You can keep track of our TEAM at our new blog for Champions International.

After leaving Albuquerque we finally made our way back to San Diego. After a very long trip back we arrived at our apartment in Imperial Beach, CA. On Monday afternoon my sister Renee, her boyfriend Tyson and our friend and fellow Canadian racewalker Bruno Carriere all arrived to visit with us for a week. I hadnt seen my sister since our wedding in October so it was so nice to see her. Bruno had expressed interest to us at the USA Junior Racewalk Camp in December about coming to San Diego to train with us and we were able to get him here during his spring break. It has been a week so far and its been so great to have a training partner for once. He has been able to get his highest mileage week ever of 110km's. He is getting in really good shape and it looks like he will have a good racing season ahead of him. His first race will be at the USA World Racewalk Cup Trials race on Long Island, NY on April 11th where most of the TEAM will also be competing. The picture above (a little blurry) is of Bruno and I at the 2009 Canadian T&F Championships.

My training has been going really well since coming down from altitude. My heart rate has been a lot lower for the same times that I was doing before we went to altitude. My body has been doing really well. Now I have had 3 good mileage weeks in a row of 138km, 137.5km and 125.5km (with a day off in this 3rd week). This week I should have around 145km's before I take a week "easy". My next race will also be at the USA World RW Cup trials. Looking forward to a good one there!

My parents will be coming to San Diego on Saturday for their spring break so I am really looking forward to seeing them. I will have 2 training partners with them being here for the week so that will be nice :) I miss training with them everyday like I used to when I was home in Canada. We will be heading to the Grand Canyon when they are here and so we will be stopping over in Flagstaff for a few hours so that we can see all of my friends that are up there training (Erik Tysse, Olive Loughnane, Sabine Krantz and Bastian Krantz). It is going to be so nice to see them all, its been awhile!

Keep on walking,

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment