Tuesday, July 28, 2009

We're Going to BERLIN!!!!




Athletics Canada has just announced the 31 member team for the World Track and Field Championships and I am on the list!!! I found out last Wednesday but could not say anything until the official list came out! I was not expecting to be selected for the team so I am very excited about this opportunity! I have qualified off of the B standard which in Canada is called Rising Star.


I now leave on Monday, August 3rd for the pre-camp that is just outside of Dusseldorf, then on August 11th I will take a train to Berlin and then on August 16th is my race at noon.


I have now been in San Diego since I got back from Serbia. It has been good to be back here, training on th course I was on during most of my base season. I was able to get a good training week in last week and now this week will be good also. Then starting on Monday when I fly to Germany my training will start to go down again in preparation for the race.


You can follow the Canadian team in Berlin at http://athletics.ca/berlin2009/ and you can find the official results at http://berlin.iaaf.org/index.html.


Thanks for all your support in helping me qualify for this team!


Keep on walking,

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment